Olfactory Detection Port ODP 4
with heated mixing chamber
Olfactory Detection Port ODP
Parallel olfactory detection of GC fractions
The ODP sniff port allows sensory evaluation and determination of odor active compounds by the human nose as they elute from a GC column. The column effluent split is adjusted to ensure time-aligned arrival of eluting compounds in the ODP and the GC detector. In this way, additional information can reliably be obtained on the compounds that cause specific odors.
ODP 4 is the 4th generation Olfactory Detection Port (ODP) from the market leader. Developed with input from customers and expert users world-wide, the ODP 4 is designed to ensure comfortable and safe operation while delivering precision and correct results. The ODP 4 is effortlessly adapted to individual user requirements, even to the shape of the analyst’s nose for correct and reproducible positioning. Olfactory work with or without the glass cone can be selected. Good ergonomics are the basis for sensitive, concentrated and reliable sensory work.
Laboratory hygiene is always a key consideration: The replaceable positioning ring for cone-free work as well as the replaceable glass cone are easily cleaned and can be assigned to individual operators for best hygiene and operator safety.
GERSTEL ODP 4 highlights:
- Parallel operation of ODP and GC or GC/MS for simultaneous olfactory and GC determination of flavors and off-flavors
- Inert and fully heated transfer line ensures excellent recovery across a wide boiling range and polarity range
- Heated mixing chamber for adding make-up gas and humidification of the column effluent, no risk of condensation or band-broadening
- Voice recording: Spoken comments added as text annotations
- Olfactory Intensity Device (OID) for easy odor intensity indication
- Optimized ergonomics with ighly flexible 3D swivel lock positioning
- Individual positioning markers for best reproducibility and sensitivity
- Glass cone easily replaced with sorbent-filled glass tube for fraction collection over multiple runs and re-analysis as needed.
- Exchangeable, cleanable nose cone and positioning ring for best Hygiene
NEW: Olfactory Data Interpreter (ODI) Software
The Olfactory Data Interpreter (ODI) software enables time-aligned sensory evaluation of compounds eluting from the GC/MS complete with intensity levels and qualifiers displayed in a combined olfactogram. Compounds can be searched in the NIST database and their identity added and reported.
The ODI software provides the analyst with helpful software tools that are also relevant for evaluation of sensory panel data such as: Cumulative Olfactogram presentation, Aroma Extract Dilution Analysis (AEDA), Flavor Dilution (FD), as well as Multivariate Data Analysis (PCA).