22. Oktober 2019
On-Demand Webinar: Automated 3-MCPD and Glycidyl Fatty Acid Ester Determination in Edible Oils and Fats
3-MCPD and Glycidol fatty acid esters are process contaminants found in edible plant based oils and fats. The required analysis involves complex sample preparation. In this webinar, an industry user presents an efficient automated approach.
3-MCPD and glycidyl fatty acid ester levels in edible oils and fats can be monitored based on standard methods. In this on-demand webinar, results from an analysis system that automates the complex sample preparation process are presented by an industry user.
The focus is on sample preparation according to AOCS Cd 29c-13 combined with GC-MS analysis in one automated process. The advantages of automation, especially with regard to routine release analysis in production, where short analysis times and easy handling are essential, will be discussed.
By attending you will get:
· general information on the topic of 3-MCPD and glycidyl fatty acid esters in fats and oils
· information on risk assessment and legislation for the substances of concern
· detailed information regarding current possibilities of analysis → comparison of currently available AOCS methods
· detailed insights into how sample preparation is performed according to AOCS Cd 29c-13 and the benefits of full automation in this context
· a short insight into validation and results of round robin testing in this context.
More details and registration
With best regards,
Your GERSTEL team
AppNote 191: Fully Automated Determination of 3-MCPD and Glycidol in Edible Oils by GC–MS Based on the Commonly Used Methods ISO 18363-1, AOCS Cd 29c-13, and DGF C-VI 18 (10)
Automated determination of 3-MCPD and glycidol in edible oils by GC–MS. An evaporation step helps reach the required LODs using a standard MSD, while removing excess derivatization reagent for improved uptime and stability.
Download AppNote 191