Simple and cost-effective low-dead-volume connection of capillary columns with the same or different diameters.
GRAPHPACK 3D/2 enables simple and reliable low-dead-volume connection of two capillary columns with the same or different diameters. The components of the GRAPHPACK 3D/2 connection technology are the GRAPHPACK 3D/2 ferrule, the GRAPHPACK 3D/2 connector and the GRAPHPACK 3D/2 screw.
GERSTEL GRAPHPACK® technology was designed to provide leak-free, low dead volume, inert connections quickly and reliably for any type of connection used for gas chromatography. The same technology is used for inlet and detector connections as well as for column connections (with or without make-up gas) and multiple column splitters. GRAPHPACK fittings exist for almost all GC inlets and detectors, so a laboratory with multiple brands of GCs can use the same ferrules, adapters, and nut for all connections needs.
The central component of the technology is the ferrule which consists of a metal jacketed cylindrical graphite wafer. This ferrule has a precision hole drilled through it that is matched with the column outside diameter. This provides a low dead volume connection that is also self centering – a feature that is extremely important for single and dual column connection to a GC inlet.
There are five main types of GRAPHPACK fittings:
- Column Connectors for all column types and diameters
- Detector Adapters for connecting capillary columns to most GC detectors
- Flow Splitters for splitting column flow between up to three separate streams
- Inlet Adapters for connecting capillary columns to most GC inlets
- Swagelok Adapters for connection standard Swagelok fittings to capillary columns