Simple and cost-effective technology for connecting capillary GC columns to inlets, detectors and Swagelok fittings.
GRAPHPACK-2M enables simple and reliable low-dead-volume connection of columns to inlets, detectors and Swagelok® fittings. The GRAPHPACK-M ferrules use a slotted GRAPHPACK nut for tightening. The components of the GRAPHPACK 2M connection technology are the GRAPHPACK 2M ferrule, the GRAPHPACK 2M adapter and the GRAPHPACK nut.
GERSTEL GRAPHPACK® technology was designed to provide leak-free, low dead volume, inert connections quickly and reliably for any type of connection used for gas chromatography. The same technology is used for inlet and detector connections as well as for column connections (with or without make-up gas) and multiple column splitters. GRAPHPACK fittings exist for almost all GC inlets and detectors, so a laboratory with multiple brands of GCs can use the same ferrules, adapters, and nut for all connections needs.
The central component of the technology is the ferrule which consists of a metal jacketed cylindrical graphite wafer. This ferrule has a precision hole drilled through it that is matched with the column outside diameter. This provides a low dead volume connection that is also self centering – a feature that is extremely important for single and dual column connection to a GC inlet.
There are five main types of GRAPHPACK fittings:
- Column Connectors for all column types and diameters
- Detector Adapters for connecting capillary columns to most GC detectors
- Flow Splitters for splitting column flow between up to three separate streams
- Inlet Adapters for connecting capillary columns to most GC inlets
- Swagelok Adapters for connection standard Swagelok fittings to capillary columns