Food & Beverages
When it comes to determining chemical compounds in food, beverages or personal care products, a laboratory must have dependable analytical tools and capabilities.
Food toxins, environmental pollutants in food, flavor interaction, compound adulteration, odor threshold…. what do all these things have in common? The need for analytical precision, dynamic range, and sensitivity. GERSTEL is a recognized expert in these areas. Please take a moment to browse our Application Notes. Our expertise in sample preparation and in LC/MS and GC/MS analysis makes GERSTEL the obvious source of solutions for scientist working in the food and beverage industries as well as in the field of health and food safety. From the simple application focused on productivity through automation to the more complex techniques with complete sample preparation, analyte concentration and matrix elimination, GERSTEL is the source for all your needs.
Increased Sample Handling - Productivity
The GERSTEL MultiPurpose Sampler (MPS) is specifically designed for modularity to meet the demand for high throughput and to enable upgrades necessary for new challenges in the analytical laboratory.
Sample preparation techniques
GERSTEL offers a range of tools and techniques that are designed to meet the needs of our large customer base in the food & beverage industry - and in the related field of health and food safety laboratories.
- Automated Solid Phase Extraction SPE for food toxins, veterinary drug residues and pesticides
- Automated Disposable Pipette Extraction DPX for the extraction of pesticides and drug residues
- Buchi-GERSTEL Fat Analyzer for the determination of fats and fatty acid profiles in foods
- Automated Liner EXchange ALEX for high throughput pesticide analysis following the QuEChERS method
- Liquid Handling and Sample Preparation
- Thermal Desorption and Thermal Extraction for flavors, fragrances and off odors
- Dynamic Headspace DHS for the determination of oxidation products in oils and fats