Cryo Trap System CTS 1
Cryo Trap System CTS 2
Cryogenic Trapping System CTS
Cryofocusing for enhanced separation performance
The GERSTEL CTS is used for cryogenic trapping and concentration of analytes. The CTS enables improved separation and lower detection limits. Following the concentration step, analytes are introduced to the GC column using a highly accurate temperature program. The CTS can be used in a single-column GC system placed at the head of the column or between the pre-column and the analytical column in a multidimensional system in order to refocus analytes prior to analytical separation.
Two CTS models are available:
- CTS 2 for mounting inside the GC oven
- CTS 1 for mounting between two GCs in multi-oven multidimensional systems
The CTS can be upgraded to a Cryogenic Trap Enrichment System CTE. The CTE includes an electronic proportional valve between the columns compensates for flow differences enabling separation under optimal conditions on both the pre-column and the analytical column.
When trapping has been completed, analytes are released from the trap using a highly accurate temperature program. Analytes are introduced in a sharp band at the head of the GC column ensuring better detection limits and better resolution. For even lower detection limits, analytes from multiple injections can be concentrated onto the CTS.
Cryogenic Trap Systems offer:
- Introduction of compounds as a narrow band onto the analytical column
- Sharper peaks for better resolution and lower detection limits
- Compatible with all GERSTEL column switching systems e.g. MCS
- Intuitive MAESTRO software control
- Integrated method and sequence table for complete system including GC/MS